Friday, February 19, 2016

Quick Takes: Second Friday of Lent


~1~
I'm doing my best to try avoiding stress, but it seems like stress just flocks to me like I'm a magnet.

~2~
I need to start working on getting announcements and registration forms together for our parish VBS.  I'm now about two weeks behind where I wanted to be.

~3~
I'm looking forward to this Sunday.  Ellie will be singing the responsorial psalm at Mass.  Hopefully we can sit close enough that I can record her singing again.  I always feel a bit self conscious pulling out my phone in the middle of Mass to record her when she sings the responsorial psalm.  Hopefully people just recognize that I'm a proud mom and not someone who just likes to take pictures and record random parts of Mass.

~4~
Madeline is getting a lot of assignments that were a bit delayed in being submitted checked off the list.  I will feel a lot better when she's caught up.

~5~
We're ditching cable very soon.  Between Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu and the content we've purchased for our Apple TV we are at the point where we really don't need cable anymore.  For a while I've been telling Bryan that I feel like it's a waste since most of the time I get annoyed that nothing good is on despite the many channels we have.  Bryan brought an antenna recently that also allows us to get the local news so we really aren't missing anything by eliminating cable now.

~6~
I don't know if it's a result of the Prilosec that I recently started taking, but the pain in my side feels like it's happening a bit less the past couple of days.  It's still not gone, but I'm not in a much pain as I had been.  I do think a lot of it is stress related.

~7~
I left Mass in tears today after finding a note written by the woman sitting in the pew ahead of us.  You can read about it here.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That note! I would have left crying or absolutely angry, depending on which way my post partum hormones decided to drive me! I'm so sorry that happened :( But am so excited for your Madeline! Praying for her and Holy Spirit! I'm sure it will be one of the most beautiful Psalms you ever did here during Mass! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, that note! I probably would have cried, too :( We went to daily Mass the other day and at the end Father made a comment about how it seemed much louder in the church today... "Parents, please do your best to pay attention while also keeping your children under control..." - really, as kindly as possible but still... Definitely knew he was talking about us! Thank goodness for priests who celebrate Mass ad orientem so at least he didn't see that it was us?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...