Thursday, March 6, 2014

Headache for the week

I'm at the point where I just frustrated and fed up when it comes to the hassle I've had to go through to get the double stroller I want in the color I wanted.  I had a merchandise credit gift card for Buy Buy Baby and on Monday night I tried to place my order online only to find that the card won't work for online orders.  Tuesday I went into the the store with Katie, confirmed that the stroller was what I wanted and had them order it for me in black since they don't carry that color in the store.  What they do carry is an ugly grey that I didn't like at all.  I was in the store for over an hour and a nice chunk of that time was spent trying to get the order placed and then trying to get everything processed so I could check out.

I thought once I got past the painful order process that everything would go smoothly from there.  Only today, when the stroller was delivered I noticed that the picture on the outside of the box was of the ugly gray that I could have picked up in the store on Tuesday morning.  So I check my invoice and it says black so I opened the box, took a peek at the upholstery and confirmed that they sent me the wrong color.  Ugh!

I ended up having to call customer service and after a somewhat lengthy wait on their queue I was able to get the issue addressed.  So now I have to wait and see if they send the right color this time around. I'm not feeling very confident despite the fact that I had the customer service rep add special instructions to my order that the person packing it needs to confirm that the color is correct.

Anyway, I'm reminded of why I can't stand Bed Bath and Beyond.  It's one of those stores that just frustrates me and I do my best to avoid them at all costs.  Their baby store seems to be every bit as frustrating.  I mentioned to Bryan the other night that I thought it was very telling after my experience on Tuesday that I found myself wishing that I was at a Babies R Us while I was in the store.  It's another store that I loathe to visit, but I'd happily go there if given a choice between going there or Buy Buy Baby.  All I can say is thank God for Amazon.com and their awesome selection of baby products and their equally awesome Amazon Mom program that allows me to do free returns for items that I decide I don't want.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...