Friday, February 21, 2014

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real} and Theme Thursday on Friday

Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life...

{Pretty}
When I saw that this week's Theme Thursday theme was dishes I knew I had to tell you about my new set of dishes. For years I debated whether or not we should replace our everyday Corolle dishes with a new set that was a bit prettier but every bit as durable as the ones we had.I'd play with the cart until I had everything just so for the twelve placing settings of pretty white dishes I wanted and then I'd decide not to spend the money on them.  I always came up with an excuse to keep using the dishes that I brought a couple of years before Bryan and I got married.  Yes, I was so looking forward to getting married and having my own dishes that I actually brought them before we were even engaged.  That's how you know a guy is a keeper, when he knows you've purchased dishes [with flowers] and he doesn't run away like he's been doused with gasoline and set ablaze.  Anyway...my mom and dad got us the pretty white dishes I've been wanting for the past two or three years for Christmas.  Ever since, I've been heard saying "I really like these dishes." and "Have I mentioned how much I like these dishes?" and "I don't know why I didn't just buy these dishes a long time ago.  I really like them!"  I think they're getting sick of hearing me talk about how much I like the dishes.

I seriously have moments when I open up the cabinet and I feel like squealing because I'm so happy to see my new dishes sitting in the cabinet.

{Happy}
My newphew came for a visit on Sunday.  We were all happy to see him.  Isn't he adorable?  
Katie couldn't wait to hold him.  She's so cute with the baby.  She holds him and says "aww, baby" over and over again.  She was so upset when I let Ellie have a turn holding him.  She wants the baby all to herself.  She's going to be a handful once our baby is born.

{Funny, Real}
This is life with a two year old.  Minnie Mouse ears and shoes, Dyson handle for pony rides, or pretending to be Gandalf (or so it seems, although she has no clue who he is) and a pair of sunglasses because it's what all the fashionable two year old girls are sporting today.

Visit Like Mother, Like Daughter for more {Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real}


1 comment:

  1. We got new dishes for Christmas, too...and I'm so guilty of that opening the cabinet and grinning at them thing. You know what, though? If something we use every day is going to make us that happy, I think it's worth it. Hooray for practical gifts that end up being fun ones, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...