Thursday, September 5, 2013

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real} Back to School

Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life...
{Pretty}


Today was the first day of school.  Ellie started 3rd grade at the elementary school and Madeline started 7th grade as a homeschooler!

{Happy}
Ellie was pretty happy to go back to her old school after spending a year at our parish school.  I think the music teacher was really happy to see her, too.  She was certainly surprised!
Someone is smiling and doing math!  It's a miracle!  Oh and this picture was taken just minutes after the middle school called to inform me that my child is not at school today.  Umm...we sent her transfer info to you over a week ago and she doesn't go there anymore.  I'm still waiting for a call back from the message I had to leave them.  

{Funny}
I realized after I took Madeline's 1st day of 7th grade pictures that she wasn't wearing any shoes.  I guess you don't need them when you're learning at home.

{Real}
I think someone is intent on being a big distraction.  I had to take Katie outside so Madeline could watch her math lesson in peace and quite.  Katie was going out of her way to make as much noise as possible as soon as she realized that Madeline was watching something on the computer. I'm going to have to find some ways to keep her busy.

Visit Like Mother, Like Daughter for more pictures of contentment.






1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you found a good fit for Madeline. Hopefully this year (or more) at home reinforces how fun learning can be!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...