Thursday, July 18, 2013

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real}

Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life...

After a busy week of VBS followed immediately by a birthday party for Ellie I'm still feeling quite spent.  So I'm forcing myself to blog.  One of these days I'll find the time to blog about Ellie's American Girl birthday party and VBS.  Today just isn't that day.  At least, I don't think it is.

{Pretty}
My beautiful Elisabeth poses for a picture with her Elizabeth doll and her American Girl themed cup cakes before her party.  I have the hardest time believing that eight years have passed since she was born.


{Happy}
I so seldom make it into pictures that I was surprised when I noticed this picture of me in the uploads from the final day of VBS.  I had asked my friend to take pictures of the kids during the closing show. Apparently she got me, too! I'm really happy that she took this picture.  And look at how content Katie is to hang out with my friend.  All week long she went from person to person. She was so happy to be passed around the week of VBS.  In fact, she enjoyed it so much that when I had a spare minute and went to hold her she didn't want to go to me.  


{Funny}
One of the days of VBS I decided to pass my camera off to another good friend and join in on a relay race with the pre-K kids.  I got my team all hyped up and I heckled the team next to me (mostly the high school boy who was their classroom aide).  Unfortunately my team lost, but we had a lot of fun.  I'll be in the gym for a rematch next year!


{Real}
Deacon Al (Alias: The Cowboy of God) frequently tells me that I can sell refrigerators to eskimos.  I can also talk a deacon into wearing an inflatable cowboy costume very much against his will.  You know how Jesus said "Ask and it will be given to you?"  Well, I asked, was shot down and kept asking and this was the result.  The kids loved it and so did I.  It made all of the hard work involved in organizing VBS worth it.  I tell you that you could not have slapped the smile off my face that first day of VBS.
Vist Like Mother, Like Daughter for more pictures of contentment.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! We did the same VBS at our parish too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the record, I believe your funny / real photos can be exchanged. LoL. How good-natured of Deacon Al to get "gussied up" like that for VBS!

    :)

    Looks like so much fun! Especially the cupcakes. But who doesn't think cupcakes are fun? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...