Thursday, June 13, 2013

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real}

Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life.

{Pretty}
The look on Katie's face in this picture makes me want to pick her up and squeeze her and give her lots of kisses.  Sometimes it's hard for me to believe she's this cute.  I love how cute this dress looks on her, too.  It's funny how she gets loads of compliments anytime she's wearing hand me down outfits from friends.  I should really stop shopping and just outfit her in hand me downs.  That's where we wind up finding most of our favorite outfits anyway.


{Happy}
I'm having a good time shopping for baby stuff for my sister-in-law's baby.  We don't know if she's having a boy or a girl yet so I'm buying for both and will just return what isn't for the right gender.  I was really excited to find these cute printed breathable crib bumpers on clearance at Target.  I used to love the regular traditional bumpers until we had a few instances with Katie where she would smoosh her face into the bumper while she was sleeping.  We found her looking a bit blue a couple of times and decided that the traditional bumper had to go.  We tried to go bumper free and that resulted in her getting her arms and legs stuck as she wiggled around at night.  Our solution to keeping her arms and legs safe and the pacifiers in the bed while not posing a suffocation risk was a breathable bumper

{Funny}
Last night was the VBS meeting for the adult volunteers.  As I was giving the overview of the program I pointed out that this year's mascot for the them is this cute armadillo that you see on the SonWest Roundup logo.  Let's just say that my inability to distinguish between a prairie dog and an armadillo provided a lot of levity for the evening.  
I blame this furry stuffed armadillo for my confusion.  Doesn't it look remarkably similar to the one on the VBS logo?  They're dressed alike, they're furry, they're practically the same animal.  


{Real}
Katie has this habit of jumping into my seat, whether it's on the couch, at the kitchen table or in the dining room at my laptop, as soon as I get up.  I think she's pretending to be me.

Then again, I don't take all of my papers and toss them on the floor, so maybe she isn't pretending to be me.  Maybe this is just how she cuts a path of destruction throughout the house.  She's a busy little girl!

Visit Like Mother, Like Daughter for more pictures of contentment.


1 comment:

  1. We have a stuffed anteater around here who works all kinds of mischief-- I hope your armadillo is better behaved! Blessings, Annie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...