Thursday, February 7, 2013

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real}

Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life...

{pretty}

This pretty little girl had a great time using this laundry basket as a little house while I folded the laundry.  She thought it was a riot that she could pop in and out of the basket and just sit in it with a few of her toys.  It fun watching her use her imagination.  She's such a funny little person.

{happy}
I made biscotti a couple of days ago.  This picture was taken the next day when only about 1/3 of what I made remained.  I ate almost all of what was on this plate during the day.  I could eat this stuff every day if I made it more often.  I posted the recipe here.  You know you want to try a plate of it for yourself!  It's very simple to make and doesn't require much prep time.

{funny}
This funny little bird is driving me crazy.  For the past week it has been flying into my storm door and living room windows feet first and tapping on the door from morning until evening.  The bird is also stalking me in the basement laundry room window.  It goes nuts at that window.  I'm not sure what's going on with this bird but it's out there chirping up a storm like it's very upset.  I thought the bird was only attacking our house, but it's doing the same thing to my neighbor's house too.  The other day Madeline decided to come in through the garage door because she was worried that the bird was going to either attack her or come in the front door with her.


{real}

Does it get any more real than this?  This is what my kitchen sink looked like this morning after a certain child decided to dump peas, rice and the sauce from last night's lemonade chicken all over the things in the sink.  This picture pretty much sums up how well our morning went today.

Visit Like Mother, Like Daughter for more pictures of contentment.

2 comments:

  1. We have cardinals who do the same thing to our windows. Someone once told me that they see their reflection in the window & think it's another bird. I tried window clings to distract them, but it didn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those biscotti look so yummy! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...