Thursday, February 7, 2013

Mmm...Biscotti

Bryan has a lot of fond memories of different dessert foods that he used to eat when he was a kid.  Some of them I have tried and didn't like at all much to his amazement, but others I really enjoy.  His grandmother's biscotti has got to be my favorite hands down.

Bryan's had a meeting with one of the coaches for Madeline's soccer team a couple nights ago, so I decided that I'd bake up a sheet of biscotti.  I haven't made it in nearly two years and I've been wanting it for a while.  I'm also planning on making it for Ellie's first communion brunch this spring, so I figured I'd give it a test run now to make sure I have it just right.  Bryan likes it when it has a bit of a crinkle sound to it when you bite into it.  They eat it soft instead of toasted, but it's pretty good when you cut it and toss it back in the oven a bit to toast it up, of course leaving it sit out for about a day will also give it that harder texture.  Either way, it's good!



The recipe is pretty simple.   Here's what you need to make it:

1/2 sheet pan
6 eggs at room temperature

1 1/2 cups of sugar
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1 level tablespoon baking powder
2 cups sifted flour
1/4 cup vanilla
powdered sugar (enough to dust the tops of the biscotti after it's cooled)
Preheat oven to 350
Grease and flour sheet pan

Beat eggs and sugar on high speed.  Add vegetable oil, baking powder and vanilla.  Slowly add flour on low speed.  Bake for 30 minutes.  Let cool for 30 minutes, slice and dust with powdered sugar.

The biscotti should look something like this once it's ready to come out of the oven:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...