Monday, October 15, 2012

How do you respond?

When faced with someone of very little to no faith how to you respond to them?  What do you say to someone who pointedly asks you what God has done for them lately or ever?  I get questions like that tossed at me from time to time and no answer I give is sufficient.  Often times, my response is scorned or ridiculed.  And these questions and barbed responses, because of who they are from, cut straight to my soul each and every time.

My faith in God is something that comes to me easily enough.  It's expressing that faith and trying to convey why it is important to one person in particular that is the great difficulty.  I simply cannot understand how someone who shares many of the same experiences in life that I do cannot see how God is working in and through our lives.

At times, I feel incredibly heartsick over the things I have been told.  I can't explain it, but I'm pretty sure it's a cross I have to bear.  I've wondered over the years why God has brought me to this place.  Maybe He's brought me here to plant seeds of faith which I need to water with fervent prayer and patience.  I try, but I don't know that I have the boundless patience of someone like St. Monica.  What I have is a restless soul that is eager for immediate results, results which I fear may never come to fruition.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...