Thursday, August 9, 2012

Small Successes August 9th

Celebrating the little things in life that add up.

I think it's been a while since I've done a Small successes post.  Life has been crazy busy, but that's fine.

1. Amazon recently made it so I can watch their instant videos on my iPad, so I decided to take advantage of the fact that my Prime membership allows me access to some of the stuff for free and have been watching Downton Abby on my iPad.  This has translated into me cleaning the power room while watching an episode of Downton.  It works.  I got to focus on a show I like instead of a task I seriously dislike.

2. I'm very nicely on top of the laundry situation.  On Monday and Tuesday I obliterated the mountain of laundry I had waiting for me.

3. I was asked to do a presentation at the catechist meeting at the last minute and I managed to pull it off.  I think it went well.  It didn't go as smoothly as I wanted, but I hope what I had to say was helpful to some of the catechists.

4. It didn't feel like a success, but I made it home from the catechist meeting last night in time to feed Katie and put her to bed.  Honestly, I would have loved to have stayed at the meeting a little while longer and chat with some of my friends, but Katie had to come first and I cut out a bit earlier than I would have liked to tend to her needs.  I think Bryan was surprised that I actually made it home when I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...