Thursday, May 24, 2012

Small Successes May 24th

FaithButton
Celebrating the little things in life that add up.

1.  I'm almost done with VBS registration.  The deadline for registration was set for June 30th.  I only have four more spaces left in the program as of yesterday.  Last year the program wasn't full until a few days after the registration deadline.  I'm shocked at how quickly it filled up this year.  If all goes well it will be completely full before the end of May.

2.  I am getting serious about slimming down the clothes in the hand me down closet.  On Saturday I asked Bryan to carry all of the totes to the basement so I could sort them.  The girls aren't exactly thrilled that I took over the couches down there to sort through the clothes.  I discovered a few things.  I have almost no clothing for Katie in sizes 18-24 through 3.  I realized that I gave away many of my favorite outfits in those sizes, too.  On the bright side, I have more size four dresses than you can imagine.

3.  Spring soccer is officially over.  I'm going to enjoy these next few months where soccer doesn't take over any of our weekends with games.  I don't think I've mentioned it here on the blog, but the board decided that the coach we love will be the travel coach for Madeline's team starting in the fall.  We're very happy with the board's decision.  He will get the girls back on track after a terrible year with a lackluster coach.

4.  Bryan planted my tomato and basil plants in the gardens this past weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...