Thursday, May 17, 2012

{pretty, happy, funny, real} Katie Edition

Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life.

Katie turned seven months old yesterday so this week's {p,h,f,r} is all about Kitty Katkins.

{pretty}
Don't I look like a pretty caterpillar?
Hola! Kitty Katkins is awake and ready to take on a new day!  Katie has such a sweet disposition when she wakes up in the morning or after a nap.  She always greets me with a pretty smile and bright eyes when I come to get her.  She's beginning to make sounds that sound a lot like words.  It sounds like she can say bye bye, but it's more of a "buh-bye" when she says it.  Bryan is surprised that she's not saying "hola" since I'm always saying it to her and when I narrate for her.  Yes, Bryan and I narrate for our children until they can talk for themselves.  In my narration for Katie, hola means both hello and goodbye.  It's just one of the goofy little things we do.  I asked Bryan if Katie would be considered ESL if her first words are in Spanish.  

{happy}
Hola, Mommy's blog readers!

Katie is beginning to branch out into exploring ways to move.  She's perfectly content to just sit and take in her surroundings, but lately she's been working on turning herself around while sitting and at times going from sitting upright to laying on her belly.  From the looks of it, she's getting close to crawling.  You can tell she certainly wants to be able to move from place to place on her own.  When I snapped this picture I was just so excited that I once again had a little one that I could play with under the dining room table.

{funny}


This goofy little one loves chewing on her toys, particularly Princess Sophie's satiny purple shoes.  Katie will happily sit for close to an hour just playing with her toys.  It absolutely fascinates me that this child will happily play by herself.  

{real}
Hola!  Ellie's hair is fun to pull.
I wonder why my sister is so fluffy.
As you can see from the two pictures above, one of Katie's favorite playthings is Ellie's hair.  Put her anywhere within arms reach of Ellie's hair and she's ready to start tugging on it.  Poor Ellie has been a good sport about it, but she prefers that Katie not yank on her hair.

Katie loves to stand.  When she gets tired of sitting she cries until we stand her up and then she's happy again.  If you put her close enough to a couch, she will start reaching for it like she wants to pull herself up.  


It's so hard to believe that seven months have flown by so quickly.  She'll be turning one before I know it!  I guess it's a good thing I'm already thinking about her party.
round button chicken


2 comments:

  1. That is neat that you are teaching your daughter Spanish words. That will give her a good foundation for learning foreign languages when she is older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful family! And that baby, so adorable...how lucky you are to have that smile greet you often in your day.

    I'm missing those baby years.

    You blog is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...