Thursday, December 15, 2011

It's Fun to Mess with Your Kids

Bryan and I have a lot of fun teasing our girls and just messing around.  I've convinced Madeline that her picture was being considered at the illustration for the word gullible, as well as many other things.  We've told the kids we were going out for a treat only to take them for flu shots [they did get a treat later that day, so we aren't total monsters] and conversely have told them that we were taking them to get the "piggy and bird flu shot" when we were taking them to Cold Stone Creamery for a treat.  What always amazes me is they don't pick up on the fact that I'm laughing the whole time.  I'm terrible at playing it straight when we're messing around with the kids.  However, I did do a good job of not laughing when we took them for the flu shots.  You see, Madeline freaks out about shots, so we had decided to take the approach some people take in getting their dog in the car to go to the vet.  Instead of asking her if she wanted to go for a ride, we asked her if she wanted to go out for a special treat.  So instead of fretting on the ride to get the flu shot she was excited.  Of course, the excitement faded away when we pulled into the Walgreens parking lot.  Anyway, the reason I'm exposing my sick sense of humor when it comes to parenting is because I stumbled on this video where parents deliberately gave their kids crappy gifts to see their reaction.  With the exception of  a very spoiled child and another child who needs to watch his mouth, I found this video to be rather amusing.  I'm sure Bryan and I could have come up with something worthy of being included in this video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...