Thursday, November 17, 2011

{pretty, happy, funny, real}

round button chicken

Capturing the context of everyday life...

{pretty}


Ellie's teacher likes to send home a lot of projects.  Some days I wonder if homeschooling her would have required less effort on my part.  Anyway, one of her recent projects was to disguise a turkey so he wouldn't wind up being Thanksgiving dinner.  Sadly, I threw out the Santa Turkey that Madeline and I made last year.  Had I known we'd have this project this year I would have saved it, erased Madeline's name and passed it off as Ellie's this year.  And if you're sitting here reading this and thinking that the last statement sounds a lot like cheating, you're right.  I'm totally willing to cheat on projects like this if it saves me a few hours of my life.  I don't like having to prove to the teacher that I'm capable of doing 1st grade work.  I passed first grade 27 years ago, I don't need to do it again.

{happy}


After our trip to the beach to get a Christmas card photo was a total fail this past Sunday, I spotted Uncle Bill's Pancake House on our way off the island.  Bryan and I used to eat at Uncle Bills (in North Cape May, not Ocean City) just about every Sunday when we were dating.  We decided that we'd have lunch there and I got this nicely plated and super delicious stack of pumpkin pancakes.  

{funny}


Ellie lost another tooth on Sunday.  Seems like this kid only looses teeth on Sundays.  Anyway, on Monday morning she decided she was going to draw a picture of what the tooth fairy looked like when she saw her come in to leave a couple dollars and take the tooth.  Mind you, Bryan is the tooth fairy in our house since I'm too noisy to pull off a tooth heist in the middle of the night.  I think her drawing is a good likeness, don't you?

{real}


Straight As for Madeline's first marking period at the middle school.  She's thrilled and we're very proud of her.

5 comments:

  1. Ugh, Elanor got the exact same assignment! I have no idea what we're going to do, but whatever it is will have to be a rush job after T-ball practice tonight.

    Maybe I'm an old curmudgeon, but in my opinion Kindergarten and 2nd grade are way too young for any kind of homework.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tooth fairy picture! That is super.
    I totally agree about homework being more about the parents work than the kids when they are that young. Your turkey is cool though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pumpkin pancakes - mmmmmmmmm! As for the blue turkey - it is awfully cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE the turkey! it's so cute! and you know how much i love crafty projects, so let me know if you need me to assist in helping your daughters pass any elementary grades. LOL! god knows i could probably use redoing a few of them, if not ALL of them :) LOL!

    those pancakes look SO GOOD! now i'm hungry!!!!

    the tooth fairy looks JUST like your husband! hahahahaa! is that a ps3 she drew in the tooth fairy's hand? that's a smart kid right there!

    yay for all A's! that is awesome :)

    hope that you all have a wonderful thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, that turkey is cute, but yeah, I'm not a fan of stuff like that from school. I mean, if that's what they are doing at home, then what are they doing in school?? There was no time for crafts there? Oy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...