Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

I hope you all have or have had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  We had a great day today and are now relaxing at home after going to my parents' house for a Thanksgiving feast.

We started our day off with delicious homemade pumpkin pancakes.  I highly recommend trying them out if you're ever looking for a tasty and filling fall breakfast idea.  Even our pickiest eater, Ellie, enjoyed them.

Once we got to my parents' house I had to compete with the girls and my cousin for the black olives and the Wheatable crackers.  I find both of those foods highly addictive.  I sat down for just a few minutes to look at the Black Friday ads and when I went back to the table with the crackers and olives they were all gone.  I've tried convincing the girls that they don't want to eat the olives or the crackers, but they're not buying it.

My contributions to Thanksgiving dinner was a homemade pumpkin cheesecake (Yum!).  I also swooped in and saved the day by preparing two can shaped cranberry molds.  My dad was about to use a knife to get the cranberries out of the can before I offered to get them out unblemished.  It was funny to hear my kids tell my mom and dad that I know how to make the cranberries look like a can.  It's like they think I'm doing some sort of special trick that no one else knows about.  I couldn't help but laugh.

Katie slept through almost the entire visit to my parents house.  She woke up a few times to see what was going on and to eat, but she was quite content to sleep the vast majority of the time.  She reminds me of Ellie and how she used to just shut down when there were more than a small handful of people in a room.

Madeline and Ellie had a good time dining at the "small table" with my mom and my cousin Kelly.  The small table was actually just a couple inches shorter than the kitchen table, but it had a lot more elbow room than the table my dad, my brothers, my uncle, my cousin's husband and I shared.  So really, they could have named the "small table" the spacious table.

Shockingly we're all still wide awake despite eating lots of turkey.  I guess that's a good thing considering I have a lot to do around the house to get everything ready for the party we're having on Saturday to celebrate Katie's baptism.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha that is hilarious that your kids think you can make the cranberries look like a can :) hahahaha! how funny! sounds like you had a really great thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...