Thursday, August 25, 2011

Small Successes-August 25th


FaithButton

Celebrating the little things in life that add up.

1. I took the girls to the beach yesterday.  It was the annual "Don't say I didn't take you to the beach this summer!" trip.  We got up early yesterday and drove to my hometown to spend a couple hours on the beach with my best friend and two of her children.  The girls had a good time playing on the beach and finding tiny shells with their friends.

2. On Tuesday, I was way too tired to make lunch for the girls so I took the easy way out and got them happy meals from McDonald's.  This pathetic move made me the coolest mom for the day when the girls discovered that the two Strawberry Shortcake dolls that they "needed" were in the bags.  A few weeks ago Ellie was devastated when the Strawberry Shortcake promo ended and the Smurfs began.  We had spent a few weeks trying to get her the Lemon Meringue toy and she was in tears when we learned that they were done with the Strawberry Shortcake dolls.

3. I gave selling on Craigslist a try this week and actually managed to sell everything I listed in one transaction with the exception of one item which I think I'm just going to keep.  Best of all, I made a profit on the baby items that I had picked up at yard sales or from the trash.

While you're here, visit my two current giveaways:
Grammar Giveaway (ends September 1st)
Wholly Mary Giveaway (ends August 30th)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...