Friday, August 26, 2011

Quick Takes Volume 13


~1~
I had an appointment with the midwife this morning.  It looks like the baby is head down, but I suppose she's just getting bigger since I was convinced she was transverse for the past week or so.  Of course, she probably just moved back to her usual position to show off at the appointment.

~2~
At my appointment, I got the green light to piggy back Pepcid AC and Zantac so that I can get sleep at night.  I'm hoping this will work to reduce/eliminate my heartburn while I'm desperately trying to get some sleep.

~3~
I got more reassurance that I may be able to get out of the hospital 24 hours after I deliver as opposed to 48.  I just have to pray that one of the agreeable doctors from the pediatrician's office is making his or her rounds the day I'm hoping to go home.  So I'm praying that I won't have a problem there.  Also praying that I will not test positive for group b strep at my next appointment.  That will certainly help my cause in getting sprung from the hospital ASAP.

~4~
We're preparing to get hit by hurricane Irene this weekend.  Last night I went out and stacked up some of the chairs we had on our deck and by the pool.  Bryan was out there this morning putting things away.  We still have a few things to do.  I'm not worried or freaked out about the storm since we don't live on the coast.  I grew up on a barrier island, which is currently under mandatory evacuation, and I simply don't feel that a hurricane is a huge threat when you live inland.  The only thing that really concerns me about this storm is the wind and the possibility of a power outage.  Flooding and damage to our cars from sea water is something I thankfully do not have to worry about.  Other people around me are freaking out about the storm but I guess I see things differently having lived most of my life on an island where a storm like this really is a serious matter.  I am happy that my friends and family who are still living on the island have evacuated or are making plans to get out of there today.

~5~
Apparently shopping for essentials prior to a hurricane is much the same as shopping before a big snow storm.  I was not prepared to find Target and Lowes completely sold out of D batteries and flashlights.  Fortunately we have some flashlights with working batteries already, but I was hoping to get a couple extra flash lights so the kids would have them in the event that we lose power.  Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

~6~
Because of the threat of a hurricane, Madeline's soccer tournament for this weekend has been cancelled.  I'm actually pretty happy with that development.  I didn't want her to have to play in the rain this Saturday and Sunday.

~7~
I'm finding that stopping at a local bakery on my way home from Target is the best and cheapest way to procure hoagie rolls for lunch.  I don't know why I never thought to stop there in the past.  For the past few years I have been driving out of my way to go to the grocery store to buy rolls that were smaller and cost more money.  I also discovered that this bakery even sells the ravioli that we like for a few dollars less a bag than the grocery store.  Hooray for mom and pop type of shops!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...