Sunday, April 17, 2011

40 Bags In 40 Days?

At the start of Lent I half-heartedly decided that I'd do the 40 bags in 40 days deal again.  I figured worse case scenario, I'd use small bags and still manage to meet the 40 bag quota.  Easy peasy, right?  At first, it seemed anything but easy.  I managed to bag and box up some of the stuff I decided needed to be donated in the week after Christmas.  Sly person that I am, I decided to hold on to those things until Lent began so I could use them as part of the 40 bags.  Nothing like getting your Lenten penances out of the way during the Christmas season.  Yes, that's me, always have to be a few steps ahead of the game.

As easy as my cheating should have made this, I struggled through most of Lent thanks to evening sickness and first trimester inability to get anything done.  Once in a while I'd get some energy and I'd gather up some paper recycles and fill the recycle container with more paper than one family ought to have on hand for disposal.  Then there was the weekend where I decided to run myself into the ground cleaning out the garage.  Have I mentioned that I really have no ability to take it easy?

Now that I'm finally feeling better (February and March were horrible months for me productivity wise) I've decided to tackle Bryan's old office which is now known as the baby's room.  This room alone could have been a 40 bags in 40 days challenge.  Amazingly, over the past week I have emptied the closet which was packed with junk, office supplies and random objects.  I have also managed to get most of the floor which was strewn with more office supplies, junk and various computer programming books to look a little less like the aftermath of a devastating bombing to that of an abandoned home office.  Of course, I didn't do all of this by myself.  I nagged and harassed enlisted Bryan to help me sort through his things.

At this point, I'd say I'm very close to being able to prime the walls of the baby's room.  I can't wait.  It is my goal to have the room painted and set up by the first week of June.  And yes, I'm aware that I technically don't need to have this room finished until September but I'm a neurotic pregnant woman and I don't listen to reason.  (Translation: I NEED to get this room finished or I will go insane and drive all those around me insane in the process.) People like Bryan are smart enough to just go with the flow and let me do my thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...