Thursday, March 31, 2011

Small Successes-March 31st

FaithButton
Celebrating the little things in life that add up.

It's so hard to believe that today is the last day in March.  It seems like this month flew by in a flash.

1. I polished off several bags of candy.  Man, I love that I didn't give up candy this Lent! got the laundry under control.  Mostly all of it is clean, folded and put away.

2. After several trips to the craft store, I managed to get all of the T shirts I'll need for the VBS.  I even picked up 122 shovel and pail sets that the kids will get to use for field day activities and an arts and crafts project.  And yes, people did look at me like I was totally insane.  I was laughing at how crazy I must have looked, so it was all good.  I even ran into one of the people who is helping out with the VBS and she kindly helped me load beach buckets into my van.

3. Although you won't see it until April 4th, I got a review finished for a new series of children's books.  Make sure you check my blog next week to learn about this fun new series for young readers.  I'll also be hosting a giveaway of the books.

4. It appears that I didn't contract lice at Mass last week.  Long story short, I realized halfway through the homily that the person in front of me had a head infested with lice.  (I could see them, and no, dandruff doesn't crawl.)  Before you think I'm crazy for thinking that I could get lice from the person in front of you, let me just say that I was kneeling behind this man (who was sitting directly in front of me) when I arrived at the church.  I did pray that the man would get his infestation treated, lest any of you think I'm an awful person for even pointing this out as a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...