Thursday, March 10, 2011

Small Successes-March 10th

FaithButton
Celebrating the little things in life that add up.

1. I don't know that I consider this a success, but the Diabolical Mr. Furkins (or Oscar as everyone else calls him) turned three today.  I suppose that means I have somewhere between 5-9 years left on my dog owning sentence. It's hard to believe that forty-six months ago I allowed Bryan and the girls to talk me into getting an 8 week old puppy.  Mr. Furkins seems largely unaware that today is his birthday.

2. The laundry is sorted into piles that need to be folded in the living room.  I have a few more loads in the laundry room that need to be washed and another load that's in process.  Someday I will get caught up on this never ending cycle of dirty laundry.  Bryan recently started doing P90X and soccer practices just started up for Madeline so I now have more laundry than ever.  Sigh.  Maybe we should look into being nudists.  I could handle washing sheets and towels.  Then again, they might not let me into Target wearing nothing, and I'm not sure I can play the part of an exhibitionist.  Perhaps I'm better off just dealing with the piles of laundry.  It's probably better for all of us.

3. I'm slowly by surely making progress on the Jesus Tree craft nightmare.  I spent most of my weekend cutting out a tree (I didn't like the branch pattern that came with the kit.) and then stitching it on to the banner.  I did use a spray adhesive, but I couldn't resist the urge to stitch it too.  I'm such a glutton for punishment.  I'm anxiously awaiting the day when all the ornaments are finished and the dining room is rid of the bag of felt and my sewing box.  Right now I'm wishing I had never started this project, but I'm sure it will be worth it once it's done and I never have to make another Jesus Tree ornament again.

3 comments:

  1. LOL! I think I'd stick w/ doing laundry, too! I'd hate to scare people if I went out in public.

    Happy Birthday to Mr. Furkins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your successes made me smile. I love your sense of humor.

    BLESSINGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I needed this post, and it was awesome....hysterical!!! Love your humor! Love you!

    Hope you caught a break today!! Talk soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...