Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Book Review: Linking Your Beads

I recently had the pleasure of reading Patrician Ann Kasten's Linking Your Beads.  The book gives the reader a tour of the Rosary's history, mysteries and prayers.

What I like about this book is it's overall simplicity.  You could pick up this book as someone totally unfamiliar with the Rosary and this book will fill you in and give you an appreciation for this powerful prayer.  Of course, that's not to say that only those who know little about the rosary will benefit from reading this book.  I know a decent amount about the rosary and I learned quite a few new things by reading this engaging book.  I particularly liked the author's explanations of the rosary mysteries.  She explains them in a way that surprised me.  As soon as I read her chapters on each set of mysteries, I realized I had a new source for teaching the rosary mysteries to my religious education class.

At only 118 pages the book is chock full of facts and insight that are sure to keep you turning pages.  Each of the chapters are relatively short, so reading the book is short five to ten minute spurts is absolutely possible.

The book is an interesting read for anyone who is curious about the rosary.  With the Lenten season upon us, I can't help but think this would be an excellent book to give to someone who is currently in RCIA.

This review was written as part of the Catholic book reviewer program from The Catholic Company.  Visit The Catholic Company to find more information on Linking Your Beads: The Rosary's History, Mysteries and Prayers.  They are also a great source for serenity prayer and baptism gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...