Sunday, January 2, 2011

Just a Smidge Mixed Up

It has become pretty obvious that I get a bit mixed up having two children in two schools with two different school calendars.  I do my best to make sure that each of the girls' half days and off days are clearly marked on the calendar.   Despite this, I still get mixed up from time to time.  Is Ellie off today, or is Madeline?  Which kid has a half day?  After four years at the same school I still get confused as to what time the day is over when there's a half day for Madeline. 

For the past week and a half I have been under the impression that Madeline was supposed to go back to school on Tuesday and Ellie was going back tomorrow.  I have been wishing it was the other way around for the past few days as I fretted about how Madeline would be missing the first day back to school because of the funeral for Bryan's grandmother.  I was preparing to email her teacher tonight to let her know that she wouldn't be back at school until Wednesday.  I was slightly relived that Ellie was going back tomorrow because it would allow me to notify the school that she wouldn't be in on Tuesday, and I could get the work she'd miss.  Imagine my surprise when I peeked at the calendar and noticed that the "No School" sticker was under Ellie's name for tomorrow.  I grabbed the school calendars and discovered that Madeline has school tomorrow.  Madeline, not wanting to go back to school just yet, neglected to tell me that the mom of one of her teammates told her this afternoon that she had school tomorrow.  I don't think she realized that I would have figured it out when I drove past her school on the way to Ellie's school.  And that's assuming that I wouldn't have seen/heard the middle school kids waiting for the bus on the corner at 7:30, and that I would have also not heard the kindergarten bus.  

This little situation just illustrates why my kids need to attend the same school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...