Thursday, October 28, 2010

Small Successes-October 28th

FaithButton
Celebrating the little things in life that add up.

1. I was rudely awakened at 6:01AM this morning by Bryan to ask why Madeline was up and showered already.  Someone got the numbers 5 and 6 confused, and another someone thought it was perfectly fine to loudly ask a slumbering me why the other someone was already awake.  I did my best to not flip out on anyone for waking me.  I wasn't totally successful, but I was charitable considering the circumstances.  On the flip side, I'm awake, so we shouldn't be running late at all this morning.  The downside, of course, is that I will likely be very tired when 5PM rolls around and I have to teach my third grade religious ed class. Anyone know who the patron saint of sleep deprived mothers is?

2. The laundry is under control.  It's not all folded, and it's not all washed at the moment, but there are no major pile-ups anywhere.

3. I washed and brushed Mr. Furkins this week.  I'm trying to get into a regular routine of brushing him so I'm not finding his fur all over the place.  If I had my way, I'd shave it all off, but Bryan is adamant that the dog must keep his fur.  Sigh.

4. On Sunday, I made a pumpkin cheese cake using a recipe Bryan found online and it was very yummy.  The center wound up being a little gooey, but the rest of it was perfect.  It was my first time making a cheesecake, and despite the center not being perfect, I'm counting it as a success.

2 comments:

  1. Great list of successes! I think #1 is a HUGE success. As a mother of a 2 year old who still rarely sleeps through the night and a 4 month old who never does, I recommend St. Jude (Patron Saint of Lost Causes).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic list of successes! Job well done! I hope you can get some rest this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...