Thursday, July 8, 2010

Small Successes-July 8th

FaithButton
Celebrating the little things in life that add up.

1. I conquered the huge mountain of laundry that I had piling up.  Some of it still needs to be ironed and some still needs to be put away, but there is no longer a massive pile of laundry sitting in my laundry room or living room (That's where the clean clothes go to await folding.).

2. Bryan and I stained our deck this week.  That is really a huge success since the deck was put in two years ago and we're finally getting around to finishing it.  And as an added bonus, we survived doing this project in 100 degree heat (Absolutely not our most brilliant idea, but I wasn't about to dissuade Bryan from his suggestion to finally completing the deck.).

3. My lesson plans and supply gathering for the VBS class I'm teaching next week are almost finished.  I'm smoothing out a few details and I should be good to go.  I'm excited (and a little nervous) to see how this will go.

3 comments:

  1. WoW! Great week! #2 alone is HUGE! Job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, congrats on finishing the deck project!!

    I got some wicker chairs a few weeks ago that I've needed to repaint and make some cushions for... I had a feeling it would never get done but you've inspired me to go "getter done" :).

    Yay for a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great for the laundry accomplishment. Don't feel about the deck. My father started redoing ours two years after we moved into that house and when my parents sold it 24 years later, it was still not completed. You're doing a lot better than that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...