Thursday, June 17, 2010

Small Successes-June 17th

FaithButton
Celebrating the little things in life that add up.

1. I cleaned and organized half of the garage. (Thanks, termites!)

2. As part of my pre-soccer tournament craziness (which I still haven't written about...) I removed all the trash from my van swagger wagon and vacuumed it.  Success!  Unless we bring up the part where cleaning the van just before we left irritated my husband and led to me forgetting my iPhone, blaming my husband for it and having a bit of a tantrum that caused him to turn around and go back for my phone when we were almost halfway to the tournament.  Yeah, we're not going to talk about that.  Clean van. Yay!

3. I made biscotti using a recipe was Bryan's grandmother's.   I'm not much of a baker, so imagine my delight when I successfully made biscotti from scratch.  My husband is delighted.  After the first bite he commented that it even sounds like his grandmother's (think spongy crinkly plastic type of sound--they only bake it once in his family so it's soft, not crunchy).  So far, Madeline and Ellie are the only people who don't like it.  I had to make the biscotti for the third grade cultural food fest that was yesterday.  I made way too much so I ended up giving several neighbors a plate of biscotti to enjoy.  It was well received.

Bonus: Soccer is over until September!  Madeline played in a tournament this past weekend and her team won all four of their games.  We're not going to know what to do with ourselves on the weekends now.

2 comments:

  1. Yum, biscotti! That is one of my favorite things to bake. And I just love the feeling of accomplishment after baking something great from scratch, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen- My daughter just got one of your daughter's ATC Mary cards! Soooo cute! It's Lydia's favorite because Mary is pink :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...