Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Because she wants something

I'm sitting in the dining room checking blogs and email and Ellie comes over to me and tells me she loves me.  I love when she does it, but I've noticed that frequently reciprocating and adding in a hug and a kiss doesn't seem to satisfy her.  So today I asked her, because I had a sneaking suspicion that her profession of love wasn't without motive, if there was something she wanted.  Yes, she wanted me to change the channel on the TV and felt that buttering me up with a sweet "I love you Mommy" and a hug would do the trick. Smart girl.

My mother has told me for years that the baby of the family is always good at manipulation.  I suppose it's true.  I'm the baby of my family and I think because of that, I'm able to recognize all of Ellie's manipulative tricks.  She also has my amazing little sister annoyance skills and she clearly revels in her power of effortlessly irritating her big sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...