Saturday, January 30, 2010

Somebody's a control freak

I freely admit it, I'm a giant control freak. I'm still feeling a tad sick, but cranberry juice and crackers are going in and staying in, so I think that's a good sign. Bryan, who read the message boards of people describing the stomach bug that's going around keeps warning me that many people felt like they were better and then got hit with a second round. Pray that I don't get hit with a second round of this. The pain I felt last night was pure agony and I'd like very much to never encounter it again.

It's snowing here, and based on a forecast I looked up on line, we're expected to get 4-6 inches between now and 6PM tonight. Our township is awful at clearing the roads, so I feel somewhat confident that the streets will be snow covered in the morning. Is it wrong that I'm hoping CCD gets cancelled tomorrow? I'm such a control freak that I really don't like the idea of someone else teaching my class. I feel bad having to ask our co-ordinator to find a sub for my class, although, with only 8 students in my class, I'm sure they could send them to the kindergarten class across the hall that has just five kids.

Part of me knows that I should just stay home and rest. I wouldn't want to be responsible for getting anyone else sick with this horrible bug, but at the same time I just want to get to Mass and teach my class this weekend. I guess on some level that is selfish of me.

I guess I have to take a wait and see approach regarding tomorrow. Bryan can drop my lesson plans off if I can't teach tomorrow, but I really hate knowing that the entire lesson will be out of my hands. I have such a hard time relying on others to do things for me.

***Update**** Thanks to the lovely snow we had all afternoon CCD is cancelled. I don't have to relinquish control of my class to a sub. Yay! (I should get an award for being such an insufferable control freak.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...