Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Sitting like a lady

Maybe I'm too prudish (I doubt it.), maybe I'm old fashioned or maybe I'm just aware that there are a lot of perverted people in the world. Anyway, the bottom line is I teach my daughters to sit like a lady. That is, legs together or crossed at the knees or ankles. We're not in the business of giving what they call in the dance school world a "crotch shot" to anyone who may be looking in our direction.

Do I have a point here? Why, yes, I do, thanks for asking. I seldom get to watch the nightly news since the girls monopolize the family room TV. (Smart girls that they are, they prefer the big screen TV to the small basement TV.) Tonight while they ate dinner I got to watch 30 minutes of the news. During one segment they showed Mrs. Obama at the Washington [D.C., I presume] Children's Hospital. She was reading a story to some children assembled there. I was stunned when I saw how she was sitting. I'm sorry, but if you are First Lady of the United States you need to sit like a lady. And, you should be instructing your young daughters to sit like ladies, too. I guess it's a good thing none of them were wearing skirts or dresses.

I'm beginning to wonder when modesty went out of style.

1 comment:

  1. I think modesty went out of style a long time ago. Good that you are teaching your two girls to try to be modest

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...