Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Ever bite off more than you can chew?

I'll warn you all now. This post is a really bad pun, but I'm trying to have a good sense of humor at the moment. On Thanksgiving I apparently was a little overzealous in my chewing and I mistook the inside of my bottom lip for food. I bite myself frequently while eating and sometimes I gauge myself in the process. Last Thursday was one of those overzealous moments. Fortunately it wasn't one of those hunk of mouth flesh flopping around in my mouth moments (sorry for the visual), but that should give you an idea of what I do to myself. So not only am I a klutz, but I'm also a clumsy chewer. Aren't you glad you know this about me? Anyway, I'm sure if you're reading this you're wondering if I have a point, right? And yes, I do. When I stupidly mistake the inside of my mouth for food I generally wind up suffering for days on end. While most people will develop a little canker sore that goes away in a reasonable amount of time, my body overreacts (not surprised, are you?) and I generally wind up with a canker sore that grows to the size of a quarter (Can we say FUN?). From bite to healed, it generally takes 10-14 days. This lovely mouth issue along with my cold or possible sinus infection are making life a little less than stellar at the moment.

1 comment:

  1. poor you! I envision lots of liquids and soothing things you are eating and drinking during this time; hoping for a quick recovery

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...