Thursday, August 20, 2009

Small Successes

FaithButton
Celebrating the little things in life that add up.
1. I took the girls to the beach on Friday. I only wanted to stay there for an hour, but they were having so much fun with my father-in-law and his girlfriend that we were there for nearly three hours. The amazing thing is Ellie and I didn't burn (the reason I don't stay on the beach very long). While there, the girls got to build a sand castle (actually their Pop, built it, but they helped). Madeline learned how to boogie board, and had a blast doing it. Ellie decided to be a grump, but the grumpiness faded away when she started jumping through the waves. I learned how to play with the settings on my camera (a digital SLR) and was able to take some great pictures in the totally manual mode. Those photography books are really helping me.

2. I joined the rest of the modern people and got a new cell phone. I've learned how to text from a phone in the past week (I've been texting Bryan from my computer for a couple years now). I love having the ability to take videos and pictures with my phone. How neat is that?

3. In an effort to squeeze every drop out of Summer, I have started taking the kids out to our pool twice a day. We are having a lot of fun swimming right after breakfast. I'm even starting to teach Ellie how to swim thanks to a scare we had on Sunday. I'm happy to report that my very stubborn child is happily listening to me and trying to learn.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry I'm late reading this. It's been one of those "sick kid" weeks. Thanks for uplifting me with your wonderful words and glimpse into your special family! Blessings!

    I think I posted in your scare....but I'm proud of how you handled it, your sharing it, your "keep it coolness". I admire you. YOU are a GREAT mom!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...