Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Quiet

At long last, my house is quiet.  For the past 5 days I've had everyone at home.  As much as I love having Bryan and the girls at home, there are times when I wish I could just have a few minutes to myself.  Today, I have just that.

Bryan went back to work today and the girls are both at Vacation Bible School.  I'm relishing my three hours of solitude.  I managed to mop my kitchen floor, water my tomato and basil garden, brush Mr. Furkins, have a phone conversation without interruption and spend some much needed time just meditating.  I feel like I got a lot accomplished and I still have 30 minutes left before I have to go get the girls from the church.

The past few days have been rather busy here.  We had Ellie's party.  I'm happy to report that it went quite well.  Bryan and his father also ripped out the shower of doom in the master bathroom and replaced it with a nice shiny new one.  No more previous owner filth and no more leaks!  Yay!  I suspect that I will be able to  use my new shower by the end of the week.  We still have to do some caulking and I have to paint once the walls are properly finished (The old shower was embedded behind the drywall.).

I'm hopeful that I can just relax tomorrow morning when the girls are away.  Maybe I'll lounge in the pool tomorrow morning.  I don't get to have the pool all to myself very often.  It's only happened a few times.  I think I could enjoy reading St. Augustine's Confessions while I float around.  I used to love reading in the pool when I was in high school and college.  I can't read in the pool when I have the kids.  Not only would my book get wet, I wouldn't be able to watch the girls. 

1 comment:

  1. glad the party went well and some work got done around the house; I always too liked a quiet house and a few minutes to myself just to regroup; I bet the girls are enjoying VBS

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...