Friday, May 29, 2009

Why now?

Bryan is getting ready to head out to California for the week on a business trip.  So I'm going to be doing the single parent thing from Monday until Saturday morning.  The week is already filled with obligations, so I'm going to be busy.  The last thing I need is a broken appliance.

I went downstairs to do some laundry this morning and I noticed that the clothes in the washer were awfully wet (insert unenthusiastic "Yay!" with sarcastic inflection here).  So I figured I should do another spin cycle and see if that helped.  It didn't.  Another washer bites the dust.  This is our second washing machine in 9 years.  What on Earth are we doing to these things?  Both of my girls had pretty bad reflux as babies so we have used our washers more than the average consumer.  Each washer did 1-2 loads a day at a minimum for a full year before going back to normal levels of use, and each endured a round of potty training.  The dryer has been a trooper.  The faithful dryer has been serving us without fail for over 8 years.  Thanks to onesie snaps, the pain has worn off the inside of the dryer in many places.

Tomorrow, Bryan and I will have to go to Lowes and pick out a new washer and dryer.  I'm praying that they can have them delivered on Sunday.  I have laundry piling up and I need to wash Bryan's clothes for his trip.  This seriously could not have happened at a worse time.  And worst of all, I still haven't decided what type of washer I want.  I've been trying to decide what I want for nearly 2 years.  I can't decide between a front loader or an agitator free HE machine that is a top loader.  I just know that I need a machine that can accommodate my king-sized comforter. 

So now I get to stress out about a washer and dryer as well as Bryan's upcoming travel. Ugh.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...